Crash at launching of SWYH

Hi everybody,

I rencently bought a new PC with Windows 10. I installed SWYH. Every time I launch the app, a crash occurs.

I searched for a solution, i didn’t find anything… Is there a hero to help me ? Thank you in advance.

Here is a copy of the log :

Date: 18/01/2016 12:03:08
Detail: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x88890008): Exception de HRESULT : 0x88890008
à System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
à NAudio.CoreAudioApi.WasapiCapture.InitializeCaptureDevice()
à NAudio.CoreAudioApi.WasapiCapture.StartRecording()
à SWYH.Audio.WasapiProvider…ctor()
à SWYH.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
à System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1_0(Object unused)
à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
à System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
à System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
à MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
à System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
à MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
à MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
à System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
à System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
à System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
à System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
à SWYH.App.Main()

I finally found. I have a MSI laptop with the “Nahimic” audio program. While nahimic is running, it’s impossible to launch SWYH. Just have to close it and than launch SWYH. Thank you for your amazing work. I’m now looking on how to reduce buffering time and ensure of keeping good quality.

1 Like

Thanks for posting your findings. I had the same issue and did not occur to me to close the Nahimic software.

Wow, that correlation would’ve been hard to track down. MSI and Nahimic here as well - and with a crashing SWYH. Thanks alot for the info.

Incredible ! Thank you for your answer. I have the same config and I didn’t think to Nahimic. F#####g little software added by constructors and with no necessity.
thank you mo_java too to unearth the topic.

Same issue here with Sonic Studio 3. thx :slight_smile:

When an error occurs during object creation, a COMException (defined in System.Runtime.InteropServices) is thrown. The UnknownWrapper class is a helper class designed to be exposed to COM as a VARIANT. When you use the late-binding mechanism, you can avoid this behavior if you pass the parameters as UnKnownWrapper to methods that have parameters of type IUnKnown. The UnKnownWrapper constructor initializes a new instance of the UnknownWrapper class with the object that will be wrapped.

I had to change my main audio to Digital Audio (S/PDIF) The optical out if you have it. And if that’s what you are using you probably don’t have this problem. But I was using HDMI as an audio output and it would crash. So switching to S/PDIF mean I couldn’t hear what was happening before the delay, but it allowed SWYH to work.