Crashes at start-up: Retrieving COM class factory failed

I’ve been reading great reviews of Stream What You Hear and bought myself a DLNA supporting wifi speaker but I can’t get SWYH to run on my PC.

To the best of my knowledge, there’s nothing special about my setup: Windows 7, Intel ATOM on Nvidia ION board with on-board sound card, etc.

My PC has three audio devices listed: Speakers (default), Digital Out, HDMI.

I have checked and made sure that my default audio device doesn’t have more than two outputs (stereo mode) and that the quality hasn’t been set too high (it’s at “CD Quality” and fails when I select something better)

Here’s a dump of my error log:

Date: 12-07-2015 12:03:15
Message: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F447B69E-1884-4A7E-8055-346F74D6EDB3} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
Detail: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {F447B69E-1884-4A7E-8055-346F74D6EDB3} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
at NAudio.Wave.MediaFoundationResampler…ctor(IWaveProvider sourceProvider, WaveFormat outputFormat)
at SWYH.Audio.WasapiProvider…ctor()
at SWYH.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at SWYH.App.Main()

Can anyone point me in a direction that will enable me to stream my PC’s audio out to my speakers over Wifi?

Any ideas will be highly appreciated. I haven’t been able to find another mention of this particular error here on the forums or when searching Google.

Thanks

It sounds like your service was built against ‘Any CPU’, causing you errors on 64-bit where you are using COM components. You need to build it for x86