Hotkey to automate

Home Forums Forum English (EN) Hotkey to automate

• This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  xpclient 3 months, 1 week ago.
  • Author

xpclient

So I do a lot of things with Stream What You Hear frequently and need some help with automating it.
    – After it loads at startup, I need a way to connect it to a specific UPnP/DLNA renderer automatically and mute my system audio volume automatically too
    – If it can’t do that then at least give me a hotkey (keyboard shortcut) to connect to the 1 UPnP/DLNA renderer it finds and that same hotkey could mute my main volume.

Is that doable? It will save me a lot of repetitive steps which I have to do every time to play audio to some renderer.

Thank you.

#11857 Reply

xpclient

Alternatively, if there was some command line supported to stream to a specific UPnP/DLNA renderer, I could combine it in a batch file or script.

#11858 Reply

xpclient

OK I got it working after reading this topic: http://www.streamwhatyouhear.com/forums/topic/what-is-correct-syntax-for-command-line/

This software is amazing. I am telling everyone about it.

Btw, it would still be nice if there was a direct hotkey supported to connect to some renderer and press it again to disconnect and unmute local audio.

#11859 Reply

xpclient

Here is a simple AutoHotKey script to toggle Stream What You Hear using the hotkeys Ctrl+Shift+S. You can of course modify the –streamto portion to include your UPnP/DLNA renderer’s name so it starts directly streaming to it:

^+s::StartClose(“SWYH.exe”)

StartClose(exe)
    {
    Process, Exist, %exe% ; check to see if program is running
    If (ErrorLevel = 0) ; If program is not running -> Run
    {
    Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\Stream What You Hear\SWYH.exe –streamto:
    }
    Else ; If program is running, ErrorLevel = process id for the target program -> Close
    {
    Process, Close, %ErrorLevel%
    }
    }

#11860 Reply

xpclient

Here is the final version. It starts Stream What You Hear rendering to my UPnP/DLNA renderer and mutes the system volume when you press Ctrl+Shift+S (for Stream). Press Ctrl+Shift+S again and it will exit SWYH and unmute your system volume):
    —————————–

^+s::StartClose(“SWYH.exe”)

StartClose(exe)
    {
    Process, Exist, %exe% ; check to see if program is running
    If (ErrorLevel = 0) ; If program is not running -> Run
    {
    Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\Stream What You Hear\SWYH.exe –streamto:”foobar2000 Renderer (User) [Gaurav-PC]”
    SoundSet, 1, , mute
    }
    Else ; If program is running, ErrorLevel = process id for the target program -> Close
    {
    Process, Close, %ErrorLevel%
    SoundSet, 0, , mute
    }
    }

#12054 Reply

xpclient

If you experience audio dropouts, add a line:
    Process, priority, SWYH.exe, High

After

Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\Stream What You Hear\SWYH.exe –streamto:”foobar2000 Renderer (User) [Computer-Name]”

and before:

SoundSet, 1, , mute

This raises the Process priority of Stream What You Hear so you will never experience audio pops/clicks/dropouts.

Reply To: Hotkey to automate
Your information:

4 + 5 =

Posted in