Lag of stream

Home Forums Forum English (EN) Lag of stream

This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  streamingisthefuture 2 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Felix

First of all: I love this program, was seearching for it for a long time and I am very happy with it.

The only thing I realize is the 2-3s lag between the PC audio and the stream. Like this I cannot use it during movies, only for music.

Any idea what could help to reduce this lag?

I am using a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Laptop, n-WLAN and Denon DNP720 Networkplayer.

Thanks a lot for any help!!!

#5018 Reply

Seb

Just use VLC media player. You can use the audio delay function to sync the video with the audio. Depending on the devices you have (router, WIFI type, etc) and the distance between the device you will notice that the delay will be more or less the same each time you will stream. I use it all the time and is works great!

Hope it helps a bit.

#5019 Reply

Felix

OK, I will try this. Good that VLC alows to play streams as well. Because normally I watch off the internet, not from local storage.

#5023 Reply

bleq

Hey,

I have same problem with onkyo 807, delay about 7-8 secs when i stream music from spotify.

Lokking for advice to minimize that, even 2-3 sec will be great

#5024 Reply

streamingisthefuture

After trying a lot i found out how to stream best quality to my onkyo trx 309 with 2 seconds delay. Install first SWHY and set it up to PCM 44.1, so the reciever has just to pass trough without decoding. Connect it with your DLNA client – here a SmartTV and your done!
    For movies i just use HDMI Cable with ffdshow works like a charm. I can recommend fidedify with wasapi for spotify, if your connected via HDMI. Its a great improvement!

I love spotify!

Reply To: Lag of stream
Your information:

25 + = 30

Posted in