Sonos IS supported!

Hi guys!

The features page states that Sonos systems aren’t supported, but they are! You will have to add the stream as a Radio Station to get it to work. Just follow these steps:

1. Go to your Sonos app on your PC and go to “Manage” --> “Add Radio Station…”
  2. Right click on your SWYH icon in the task bar and go to “Tools” -> “HTTP Live Streaming”
  3. Enter your streaming URL and the desired “Radio station” ( :wink: ) name and play!

Note: SWYH will use a different port when you start the app, so it is recommended to enter a specific HTTP port in your settings pane.

You can stream MP3 and PCM/L16.

Happy listening!
Maik

THX a lot, you saved my day! IT WORKS!!!

I had problems getting this to work with my Sonos system. Turns out that Sonos Control Version 5.0 does not save the changes you apply to a custom radio station.

So make sure you first define a custom port in the swyh settings and then proceed by adding a new radio station.

There is a delay between the sound on the PC and it coming through the Sonos. Is there a way to remove this. I am using this program to get sound when watching iplayer on a tablet in the kitchen. Also, I have two play 1 speakers in my kitchen for stereo and the sound is only coming through one of them. Is this a common problem? Thanks

When I try this, I get a message that Sonos cannot play this as it is not encoded correctly.

I have the same problem. I don’t know how to fix it.

What does this mean?

“Note: SWYH will use a different port when you start the app, so it is recommended to enter a specific HTTP port in your settings pane.”

“…ake sure you first define a custom port in the swyh settings and then proceed by adding a new radio station.”

How do I set this stuff up?

The exact error message I keep getting is “Unable to play SWYH.wav - the track is not encoded properly.”

I use the Android App: AirAudio

The stream to SONOS works perfect!

It does work provided you create a news “radio station” inside the Sonos program.

But there’s a glitch: around 2 seconds latency from my PC to my Sonos Play 1, which makes it unusable for some purposes, as your Sonos player won’t sync with any film or video.

So I’m still waiting for Sonos to fix their program and make it support real time PC streaming.

Keep getting an error message from sonos about “incorrect encoding” (loosly translated from danish)

Any ideas?

Mark,
It’s giving me the same error message…How did you fix it?
Does anyone know???

Mark,
How did you fix the encoding problem?
Anyone knows?

Initial I got the same ‘error coding’ message many times as well.
Then I tried to use a specific HTTP port ( tick the option under ‘Setting’), then it works. Not sure if this step is necessary as I am still getting the ‘error coding’ message though, but nevertheless it works!

I have it streaming using the MP3 format

Any idea what is compatible with Mac? Just bought a sonos play 1 but I tryed the jamcast and stream what you hear but they are for windows only.

I have it working with http streaming MP3 option and 8080 port. There is a delay of 30 secs

I also had trouble with the “not encoded properly message” but setting the port to 8080 resolved.

It worked the first time and then I kept getting an error message from sonos about “incorrect encoding”. Select the Use Specific Port under setting and re-install the Radio station in Sonos. It’s back to working for me.

Hey
I am using Sonos Play 1 and i tried to use Stream-What-You-Hear. I have tried with the specific port number but still when i try to play via Sonos via its PC controller v5.2 it gives an error saying unable to connect to swyh.mp3 – cant connect to my http live streaming link (http://192.168.1.111:8080/stream/swyh.mp3)
Please help.