- This topic contains 10 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by inetryconydot 2 weeks, 3 days ago.
14 January 2016 at 13 h 20 min #11750
Thanks for this life saver app first of all.
I can see my Sonos Play 1 by selecting the “Stream to” option but when I select it the Sonos desktop app refuses to play by pop up this error:
“unable to play swyh.mp3 – the track is not encoded correctly”
I know there is another method, adding the stream as a radio station but that has the time lag.
Can we expect a solution to this problem?22 January 2016 at 15 h 53 min #11760
i have the same problem connecting to my Sonos1. Connecting it as a radio station is working, though with a few seconds lag.
If this bug is solved this program will get a donation from my side!23 January 2016 at 22 h 41 min #11761
My sonos wont play either… Same message that its encoded incorrectly!! Any help or fixes available yet?26 January 2016 at 18 h 41 min #11763
Me 4, any update yet?2 February 2016 at 12 h 00 min #11770
\”unable to play swyh.mp3 – the track is not encoded correctly\”
same on my system – is there any solotion for that ?
Kay4 February 2016 at 9 h 14 min #11772
you have to add a local radio station (HTTP Live Streaming).
Just copy the url from the “Tools/HTTP Live Streamimng” context menu and add it to your sonos radio stations.
Michael27 February 2016 at 10 h 58 min #11778
Couldn’t add a local radiostation’s URL on Sonos. Where could I find it, without having to select a specific Radio Station, rather then a URL?26 March 2016 at 19 h 34 min #11796
I found several issues when I tried to broadcast Youtube audios to Sonos.
The main issue is that the generated url by SWYH is sometimes incorrect.
I have a VirtualBox installed on my laptop so I have more than 1 active ethernet interface (for non-technical people, it’s basically a network adapter…).
Apparently when generating the HTTP stream url, SWYH doesn’t pick the actual IP address it’s using and use random one (or first one?) it gets from the windows system. Thanks for all the efforts but… sorry to say that… it is causing trouble for some people – someone may have more than 1 adapter enabled but hmm SWYH could only bind to one of the addresses.
Another minor issue is that the suffix of the audio file never changes. Even if I choose stream with PCM/L16, it still gives a .mp3 suffix.
So I manually assembled the url by looking at my adapter’s ip, with fixed port, with firewalls shutdown and it finally works for me.
If you are a user:
Not encoded correctly – I guess what’s happening is Sonos just got an error response and it tries to play it as a mp3, which causes error. If you meet this response it means you are not using the right url.
1. Use start -> cmd -> ipconfig to check all interfaces you have. Try the IPs looks like ‘192.168.0.123’ (if you are behind a router), instead of the one given by SWYH until this issue is fixed.
2. Use ‘fixed port’ in SWYH Settings. Use mp3 first.
3. Add Radio station to Sonos controller, you should add something like “http://192.168.0.123:15901/stream/swyh.mp3”
4. Shutdown your firewalls. You can always turn them back on later and see if it’s their fault.
5. You can test the url from another device, which may be faster than changing the radio station in Sonos. Just use your iPhone or Android device, enter the url you think which might work and see if it could stream.
To SWYH Developers,
1. The HTTP Live Stream option should give the IP address SWYH service bound to, not a random one from the host ip list.
2. The suffix should change accordingly.
3. Thanks a lot for your excellent work!26 March 2016 at 21 h 27 min #11798
OK. I’m wrong about one thing: the suffix is always mp3.16 April 2016 at 20 h 57 min #11810
I had the same problem as users above – but my problem was I had a VPN connection active, and when I installed SWYH it took the IP address from the VPN connection. But Sonos could not connect through the VPN. So I disabled the VPN then uninstalled and reinstalled SWYH. Then going back to Tools > HTTP Live Streaming I saw the URL now had the regular IP address which I could see in cmd prompt, when running the “ipconfig” command. Thank you Albert Chen for the hints!!!30 November 2017 at 0 h 58 min #14453
The Vatican appears rocked alongside scandal and resignations fair as church leaders must fit up to substitute frail Pope Benedict XVI.
The Vatican today appears rocked by licentious rumors and resignations just as church leaders must attire up to take over from frail Pope Benedict XVI within weeks. But Vatican experts order if you think the coterie’s largest non-governmental establishment is in unprecedented turmoil front contemporarily, recollect again.