Stream What You Hear has stopped working

Home Forums Forum English (EN) Stream What You Hear has stopped working

This topic contains 23 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jonathan 3 months ago.

• Author

FING3RZ

So every time i start SWYH it crashes with that error. Any idea why? I made sure to install and update net 4.0 full. I was previously using JamCast for streaming to my xbox 360 and it worked fine.

#302 Reply

Sébastien Warin
    Keymaster

Hum strange ! What’s your operating system ? SWYH is running as administrator or not ?

#303 Reply

FING3RZ

I am running windows 7 ultimate x64. I did try running as admin and I also tried different compatibility options. I HAVE tweaked windows a bit. Is it possible that I disabled a required service or something along that line? although i wouldn’t know which one.

#304 Reply

FING3RZ

Well I’ve tried SWYH after restoring all windows services to default with no luck. Tried to revert everything i could think of back to default windows but nothings working, still crashing. Do you have any suggestions?

#306 Reply

Sébastien Warin
    Keymaster

Hi FING3RZ,

I’ll send you, tomorrow, a special version of SWYH to log an exception occurred in order to understand why SWYH crash on your PC !

See u soon

#308 Reply

FING3RZ

fantastic! thanks so much!

#311 Reply

FING3RZ

So I didn’t get the email from you. I may have accidentally deleted it if it was sent to my spam folder. Could you resend please? thx

#337 Reply

Sébastien Warin
    Keymaster

Hi,

A newer version of SWYH is available (version 1.3) !

Now, all crashes are written into the file “error.log” in the SWYH directory !

You can send me the content of this file to understand why SWYH don’t work on your computer

Best,

#340 Reply

FING3RZ

here’s my error.log

#344 Reply

FING3RZ

So what does “Invalid number of channels” mean? Is it something with my sound card or DFX? Something I can fix on my end?

#350 Reply

Sébastien Warin
    Keymaster

SWYH (< 1.3) capture the local sound in stereo (2 channels) ! I haven’t handled the cases where the source isn’t  in 2 channels 🙁

Pending an update, there is a workaround :

• open the control panel and click on “Sound”
    • In the “Playback” devices, show the properties of your sound card
    • In “Advanced” tab, set the “Defaut format” to “2 channel, 16 bits, 48000 Hz (DVD Quality)”

#374 Reply

Beat

I got the same exception.

The workaround didn’t work for me, but I was able to set the Audio Output to Stereo in the Realtek HD Audio-Manager. That fixed it.

Would be cool if we could select the audio source. Then I could define that my front-audio-jack is a stereo speaker and route it to your awesome app while other apps could play stuff on my regular 5.1 speakers 🙂

#4606 Reply

Nemo

Same problem with me, only: the workaround does not work, because in the advanced tab of my playback device there is no ‘2 channel’ option. All formats here lead to the crash of SWYH.

<a href=”http://postimg.org/image/xattuue3d/full/” title=”no 2 channel option”>sound -> playback devices -> formats (no 2 channels)</a>

What can I do?

#4607 Reply

Nemo

This is the link of the screenshot:

http://postimg.org/image/xattuue3d/full/

#4872 Reply

rubinioo

Workaround fixed it for me..

thx

Reply To: Stream What You Hear has stopped working
Your information:

+ 75 = 80