Stream What You Hear (SWYH) is a Windows application to broadcast the sound of your computer (ie: “what you hear”) on an UPnP/DLNA device such as TVs, amps, network receivers, game consoles, etc…
SWYH is developed by Sébastien Warin who currently lives in Lille (France). The first version of this project was written in July 2012 and published in October 2012.
Find the original article’s of this project posted on October 12, 2012 (in French) : http://sebastien.warin.fr/2012/10/12/1186-swyh-stream-what-you-hear-envoyer-le-son-de-votre-pc-windows-sur-un-lecteur-upnp-dlna/
Since June 2015, SWYH is open source to enable everyone to understand, diagnose, fix and improve this great application : https://github.com/StreamWhatYouHear/SWYH
This software uses :
- .NET Framework 4.0
- WASAPI (Windows Audio Service API) for the sound capture
- NAudio for the audio stream manipulation
- LAME and NAudio.Lame for the MP3 encoding
- Developer Tools for UPnP Technologies for the UPnP stack
Support SWYH !
SWYH is FREE but you can donate funds to support the development of this project or contrib to the source code
- Go to my personal web site : http://sebastien.warin.fr
- Go to the forums !